Thursday, October 4, 2007

Barack Obama

I’ve never been to a political rally before the Barack Obama speech. I have seen plenty on YouTube, but never in person. It took forever for him to finally get on the stage, even after all the warm-up acts were done (which I thought was really interesting). It was very clear that he was trying to appeal to the college student. He opened with this guy rapping about his campaign, and then also by playing a Kanye West song in between acts. He also played lots of music from different ethnicities to cover the spectrum while they waited for the park to fill in.

I felt kind of bad for him actually, he didn’t really get the crowd going. It seemed like most people (including myself) were only there because there was a big crowd and they happened to stumble onto it. I didn’t stay long because for one thing I’ve heard a rally from him before (youtube), and his politics were just really broad about change and hope. It didn’t make me want to vote for him basically, but I was glad to have seen him in person and to have been to a rally.  

No comments: